"Show me something pretty"

Thursday, February 17, 2011

Most Wanted of the Week: Coffee Table Books

There's nothing I love more than a great coffee table book. Don't get me wrong, I love a good story, but there's something about an endless supple of gorgeous and glossy images that never fails to disappoint. Here are a few books (some new, some old) that I hope to soon get my hands on.

Vintage Cocktails -- Sick of Screwdrivers? One peek into this book and you will be. Aiming to revive the lost art of the cocktail, the book offers recipes for Dark and Stormy's (my personal favorite), Kamikazes, Pimms Cups, Fuzzy Navels, Kir Royales, Sidecars, Singapore Slings, Caipirnhas...

American Hotel Stories -- This is a quirky little book about the country's most famous hotels and the scandalous stories behind them. With stars like Marilyn Monroe, Tennessee Williams, and Al Capone, there's no telling what juicy gossip this book contains!

Rajasthan -- The cover alone of this book is stunning, and I've actually had the chance to flip through the entire book. It's just as colorful as you would imagine and puts India at the top of my bucket list.

Pucci -- Each of these limited edition Pucci books is one of a kind and covered with actual Pucci printed cloth. How fab is that? Recounting the history of the fashion house, the book is chock-full of all that prints that made Pucci famous.



Hotel Il Pellicano -- Slim Aarons just might be my favorite photographer, and I practically salivate whenever I look through his books. The latest tome of his resurfaced photos captures all the glamour and glory of the famed hotel in Tuscany's Porto Ercole. With the Puccis as regular guests, I can only imagine how fun it will be to flip through this one...

No comments:

Post a Comment