"Show me something pretty"

Monday, February 28, 2011

Best Dressed

Here it is... the obligatory Oscars best dressed list! I was a little underwhelmed with last night's looks. While I love the minimalist neutral trend that's everywhere right now, I don't think that pale and shimmery always translates well on TV. Where was the color??? If Diane Kruger had been there, there's no doubt in my mind that she would have taken the prize for most fabulous dress...

This wasn't everyone's favorite dress, but I applaud Cate Blanchett's decision to pick something a little more avant garde than the typical vanilla Oscar gown.


In a sea of neutrals, Mila Kunis stood out in a good way in her beautiful lavender dress. I loved everything about it and thought it was a nice homage to her role in Black Swan.


Not my favorite Reese look ever, but I love her 60s hair and makeup and think the dress fits her like a glove.

As far as I'm concerned, Gwyneth can do no wrong. She definitely followed the pale/shimmery trend, but in my eyes looked the best of the bunch. Also love the fun cocktail earrings!

Just for fun, I threw in this old photo of Faye Dunaway at the Beverly Hills Hotel the day after she won her Oscar in 1977. For some reason it makes me chuckle...

* images via Fabsugar and Habitually Chic

No comments:

Post a Comment