"Show me something pretty"

Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Summer in a Glass

With summer comes my insatiable craving for basil. Of course, I love it in the typical summer dishes like caprese or corn salad, but I've recently jumped on the basil cocktail train. Before you knock it you simply have to try a sip of the addicting drink that is summer in a glass. Below is a recipe from the Surrey Hotel's "Barefoot in the Park" cocktail via the Tory Burch blog. For good measure, I threw in a photo of the rooftop of the Surrey -- the perfect setting to sip on this refresher.

Barefoot in the Park

* 4 fresh, large basil leaves *
* 1 lime wedge *
* 1/4 oz. Simple Syrup *
* 1 1/2 oz. guava nectar *
* 2 oz. Grey Goose vodka *
* Club soda *

Muddle basil leaves, lime and Simply Syrup in a cocktail shaker. Add vodka and guava nectar. Shake and strain into a classic martini glass. Top with club soda.

* images and recipe via Tory Burch

No comments:

Post a Comment