"Show me something pretty"

Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Most Wanted of the Week: Jackie's Love Letters

This Thursday, Christie's will auction off 22 of Jackie Kennedy's love letters to former flame Bev Corbin, Jr. for an estimated $25,000-$35,000. I don't know about you, but if I just happened to have a spare 25k, I know exactly how I would be spending this coming Thursday. Jackie, who dated Bev at 16 while she was attending Miss Porters, wrote: "I do love you though - and can love you without kissing you every time I see you" (demonstrating an affinity for a somehow endearing aloofness at an early age), and announced her failed engagement to John Husted, saying: "What I hope for you is the same thing to happen as quickly and as surely as it did with me. It will when you least expect it." Even at 16, Jackie was already a heartbreaker.


* image via Tory Burch

No comments:

Post a Comment